Beginning in April 2014, water contaminated with lead was supplied to homes in the City of Flint, Michigan. No one noticed.
Between 6,000 and 12,000 children were exposed to drinking water with high levels of lead. They face a range of serious health problems. The switch may also have led to an outbreak of Legionnaires’ Disease that killed 10 people and affected another 77. Yet the contamination at Flint is far from unique.
In our homes we have smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors. They protect us from sometimes deadly threats. But are we watching our water? Rarely.
H2Observe makes simple devices that watch for impurities in your water, and alert you the moment a risk is detected anywhere you care about.
Subscribe Monthly to Map App (Early Adopters Only; $5.00/mo)